Friday, July 8, 2011

someone please take me to New York City.



 Give me bumper-to-bumper traffic. Shoulder-to-shoulder sidewalk space. I want it all.

I got myself grounded to my house yesterday. Yep, I am naughty when I want to be and sometimes enjoy it. I guess you could say I like the rush of emotions that I feel when I am naughty. But there's no need to worry! I am not naughty all the time- just when I want to be.

I like to be upstairs when everybody is upstairs, and I like to be downstairs when everybody is downstairs, said the Reagan and my Self responded with the thought, I'd rather be alone. And it's true. For some odd reason, I'd rather be alone. It must be because my Self has an anxiety attack every time a human creeps into my space. eek!

So being house grounded led me to want to be alone. I read my book. Note: This is where my post begins to match the title. All of the above was leading up to what I am about to tell you.

In my book As Always, Dave, Dave goes to NYC for his first time:
{When the train reached Penn Station, everyone else hurried to the exits before the train stopped, but not us. We were rookies. A minute later we were in the central corridor of Penn Station. It runs for blocks and is full of shops on either side. Abbie led us to where we could take a subway. We took the Number 1 train uptown to Times Square.  A few minutes later we climbed some stairs to go outside.
And there we were, in New York City!
I just stood there and gawked. So many people, so much traffic, so many pedestrians. Street vendors selling everything from hot dogs to jewelry to watches to hand bags.}

The description wasn't over-the-top beautiful but it left me crying on my kitchen table. That is when I truly decided I needed to go to New York. 
Save your money, said the Dani, We should go to New York, ok? Ok! and my Self thought back, Yeah, that could be fun. But now my Self says, Oh PLEASE take me to New York. Please, oh please! and Me (my second Self) responds with the thought, Wow. You sound desperate. 

Yeah. I am desperate. Someone please take me to New York.
Avec Amour,
Madison

post script: I listened to the Friday song not once, but thrice. It's fine and it's Friday (where the stinkin' patooties did this week go?!?!)

1 comment:

Dani said...

Yay! Save your money darling, we're going on an adventure!