Saturday, July 23, 2011

across the universe



Limitless undying love
Which shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe

There is nothing that moves me more than the power of song lyrics. I think that's why every beautiful memory of mine is attached to a song. Like Last Summer, for instance. Every time I hear a Regina Spektor song, I am reminded of the bottoms of my feet burning on the blacktop, morning runs, attempts of P90X, and crying together at Youth Conference while we sat on the mountain. I think the reason why the Kumquats remember Last Summer so vividly is because it was the summer that brought us closer.

I would have to say that This Summer is a Beatles Summer (for me, at least). It is that way because I discovered over two hundred Beatles songs that my dad had and didn't tell me about! Now every time I hear a Beatles song, I think of writing, walks through the park, conversations on Brynn's porch bench, Harry Potter 7 part two (midnight showing), car rides, reading romance novels, writing letters to friends, huge thunderstorms....

Words are flowing out, like endless rain into a paper cup.

Avec Amour,
Madison

1 comment:

Brynnie said...

I like this post. But it still doesn't feel like summer yet... for me...