Sunday, July 3, 2011

solitude.




A dear friend of mine told me something along these words:

 { I have the tendency to break off from a crowd of people and wander to places where I am alone. I don't know I'm doing it, but I do it all the time. }

At that moment, I realized how jealous I am of her.

I wish I could remove myself from conversation that crowds my thoughts and think solely to myself without even thinking about it.

Guess what? I went boating for my first time ever yesterday! It was all rather beautiful. Gorgeous. Water stretched out for miles around me. Utah mountains surrounding us and Toy-Story clouds peaking from behind them.

Kayloni, McKayla, and I discovered that screaming makes everything more enjoyable.

Cruising around and watching the newly-formed waves surrounding the boat was... well... 'romantic' as the Brynn would say. I almost cried thinking about it all.

I refused to pee in the water and was teased greatly for it. It grossed me out to think that I was swimming with fish in filthy water. That's why I kept my feet close to the surface rather than letting them dangle in the deep water. But for the most part, I just tried to not think about it...

Does anyone want to take me boating again?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours.
Avec Amour,
Madison
Eighteen Pebbles

3 comments:

Brynnie said...

Maddiey... I was in here two times! I am overly honored. You can't even realize how happy I am about it. I love you so much and I miss you terribly. Let's not be busy anymore and hang out.

P.S. Toy Story clouds are one of my favorites. P.P.S. I love your writing. I'm jealous of it. P.P.P.S. I love your pictures on this post. P.P.P.P.S. I love being a friend of yours and your family's.

Madison said...

Thank you, Brynn! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your comments always make me ten times happier!

Dani said...

Oh you don't even know I'm so happy you loved going boating because it's my favorite thing ever!