Wednesday, August 3, 2011

once there was a way.


 I find it odd that the next few nights after I rearrange my furniture in my room ( more specifically my bed), I can't seem to get a wink of sleep. And after a two-mile run and a calming shower, I throw on a vest (side note: Sister Shattuck REALLY liked my vest- I was overjoyed to hear her say so.) recently purchased at Savers and receive unnecessary criticism from my family for wearing such a thing in public. But I won't let them stop me from wearing it or the rest of the stuff I bought.

As part of my Savers shopping trip, I purchased Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn. 99 cents. Oh don't you fret- I checked out the books, too. Oh my! There were rows and rows of romance novels. To keep my friends from snoring on the shopping cart, I quickly selected a book (yes, sadly I only purchased one book) and placed it with the rest of my things in the cart.

I now have this thing for thrift stores.

I watched one Sabrina after another. I must say that Sabrina with Harrison Ford (and Greg Kinnear, I might add- beautiful performance) is ten times better than the Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn. I cried when I watched the Harrison Ford Sabrina. Oh so BEAUTIFUL!! A very important side note: Does anyone know which Audrey Hepburn movie this is from:


If you know, please leave a comment- IT'S KILLING ME!!

Sleep pretty darling do not cry.

Avec Amour,
Madison
fifteen pebbles

post script: SHOCKING NEWS- Gabe Castleton plays the piano. Oh no, he doesn't just play the piano, he plays it good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it is When in Rome :)

Brynnie said...

No. Gabe does not play the piano. and good? Oh my, this has just made my life! How did you discover this?!

Maddiey, wear whatever you want to wear. Your family will get used to the vest's as mine did:)


and Oh, Sarah Jo! Thank heavens you've answered that question! Maddiey! Let's watch it right when I get back! I miss you so much.

Brynnie said...

I just looked it up. THe Audrey Hepburn movie's called Roman Holiday! :)

Dani said...

Well. Gabe plays the piano well. :) And I can't believe he never told us! Now we just need to get Jed to play the guitar for us and we'll be all set!