Saturday, August 13, 2011

new discoveries.

I must admit- it is better to be awake when everyone else is asleep.  I woke up this morning at 5:30ish to watch the sun rise. I sat on my trampoline, wrapped up in a blanket that brought  back childhood memories. The view isn't photo-able, but it is a sight that you have to see for yourself.


As sunlight began to turn silhouette objects into detailed trees and mountains, I dressed myself (this process also includes putting my camera around my neck) and went for a morning walk. I took the long ways rather than the shortcuts because I had no need to get somewhere in a hurry. I ate a banana, whose peel began as a freckled yellow color, which turned burnt orange and eventually a blah brown by the end of my walk.

I passed friendly joggers who had an interest in what I was doing with my camera. One wished me luck and another told me where I could find some deer (which by the way are very difficult to take pictures of- they like to hide behind bushes and leap speedily towards their new destination). I was very appreciative of their kindness- especially the dear jogger, who on her way back from where she came from, asked how my pictures turned out. I told them my struggles of getting pictures of those stubborn deer and they acted all excited to hear every word I said. I wish I got their picture so I could add it to my collection project. Bummer.

When I returned home, I sat on my newly poured concrete basketball court and read the newspaper. I was surrounded by a whole family reunion of birds and one brushed the side of my face (I almost peed my pants...) as I looked back on my lovely morning. It was the best way to start off my lovely Saturday.

Rollie and Phyllis Bestor Dropped by today. Our conversation was simple, yet worth while. I would be ridiculous if I didn't consider them family.

You drove up in your Grandma's car and I realized I still have a thing for you.
Avec Amour,
Madison

post script: 'I hope we have classes together this year {thumbs up}.' OH YEAH WE BETTER!!  I thought with too much enthusiasm to be said aloud in public.

1 comment:

Brynnie said...

I love the Grandma's car thing:) Him and his Mongolian throat singing. He's one cool kid!