Monday, June 13, 2011

books, books, books.


If I were to work at a library, I would enjoy seeing the regulars in corners wrapped up in a book. Little children with smiles on their face carrying a stack of picture books that is too much for them to handle. Sharing your favorites with those who need help searching for something delightful. A rather attractive man checking out your favorite novels.

It's a romantic situation, don't you think?  It would be very romantic to meet the man of my dreams in the middle of bookshelves filled with books containing poetry or some romantic book genre. He would ask me what my favorite book was and I would give him a list containing classics and books that aren't as well known to other readers. He would ask me to help him find some of the ones I liked and then check them out. He would become a regular, and every time he stopped by we would discuss books and our life. Eventually, he would ask me on a date. Eventually, he would ask me to marry him and I would have to say yes because I love him dearly. 

And all of it began amongst the bookshelves in a modest library.

Read a book.
twenty pebbles.

1 comment:

rsmith145 said...

Basically, I love this. And I share your dream of meeting a man in the library. It would just be fantastic.

Au Revoir,
Rachel