Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Burt and Bertha.





Burt: I sleep with my window open just enough to get some fresh air, but not enough to make me shiver. When morning comes, I am awakened not by the sun, but by the sound of buzzing. Bees. I named my new bee friends Burt. Ever since the warmth has come and the flowers have started blooming, my Burt friends have been there to wake me up every morning. I can tell that Burt and I are going to be great friends this summer.


BerthaBig Bertha, actually. Big Bertha is the home of my Burt friends. Her name is pretty self explanatory- she's big, purple, and big. She's one hunk of a plant. I consider Big B to be my friend; if it weren't for her, my Burt friends wouldn't be here. Sometimes we don't get along very well because she shades my room when I would like some sunlight, but I've learned it's best to just forgive her and move on.

Make some summer friends.
All twenty pebbles.

No comments: