Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Lovely


I am not very good at birthday cards. Whenever I go shopping for a gift, I will always buy a card to go along with it. (That kind of sounds like the books If You Give a Pig a Pancake or  If You Give a Moose a Muffin. Eh, maybe it's just me...) I am always pretty sure I know what gift I should get, but when it comes to buying a card...
I usually plan gift/card shopping for birthdays like this:
10 minutes: The gift
1-2 hours: The card
Kinda flip-flopped, eh?
When it comes to cards, I get rather picky (or as Mr. Melville's poster- Picky Picky). It has to be perfect. 
10 steps I take while selecting a 98¢ card (or however much they cost):
1) Consider the personality of the person receiving the card. Are they the type that take everything seriously or are they the type that jokes about anything and everything?
2) Take into consideration of our friendship and our personality blend.
3) Go for the humorous cards anyway.
4) Repeat step one.
5) Repeat step two.
6) Go for the classy/ nicer lookin' cards.
7) Resort back to the humorous cards.
9) Repeat steps one through seven about ten more times.
10) Stick with the humorous card and make a stinkin' purchase.
If you have any suggestions or tips on how to shorten this process, please let me know. It's pretty pathetic that I spend that much time on a lame card that will most likely be thrown away in the next couple of hours.

Dearest Kenedi,
Happy Birthday, Lovely. Double Digits... It's great, trust me.
You are beautiful- always have been!
Keep on smiling and giggling.
Lahve always,
Madison

P.S. Brynn- I am pretty sure this is a red velvet cupcake. One of your children, I presume?

1 comment:

Brynnie said...

Jeremy?! Where did you get that picture of my baby??! :)