Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Life is Beautiful

From the sky to the dirt under our feet, everything is beautiful. It seems that we all forget where we are and we don't realize how much life has to offer. I am guilty too, although I try not to be. We all are bound to have bad days. In reality, those bad days are days where we forget to see what is all around us- Beautiful Life.
I find it therapeutic to take yourself, and only yourself, out on a walk in nature. You take your time and throw your cares behind you. You breathe slow and affectively. You smile and laugh at the humorous sights you see. You drink in every simple moment you may see- a mother laughing with her daughter, a young boy learning to ride a bike, teenage boys getting competitive while playing basketball, little girls dancing in the yard wearing dress-ups. Life goes by too fast to let it all fly by us.  

Yesterday was the day of 'princesses and pirate ships'. The day of endless questions. The day where it didn't matter whether or not your clothes matched or if you had jam ear to ear. A time of big smiles and squinted eyes. (My yesterday) Bangs that rest an inch a way from your forehead, overalls and tennis shoes; and a lady bug sweater (oh and don't forget the matching pants...) A time of dancing in your living room with your dolls to the Great and Fantastic 90's music.

Today. Reality hits. You struggle to find yourself in a crowd of thousands. You question whether you want to fit in or stand out. You discover your talents and your dreams. You sing anything and everything, everywhere you go. You primp yourself hoping you look beautiful. You go to dances without yesterday's possessions of dolls and dress ups. You wear a beautiful dress and accompany an attractive young man to the dance. Your clothing matches the fashion of the day and you wear make up. Blemishes and [trying to impress the] boys. Friends and laughter. The time where you have the most up and downs. Lots of tears, lots of laughter.

Tomorrow. The future. You will never know what will be next, but what you do today will reflect in your tomorrow. Paint your life the way YOU want to live it. Cry a little here, laugh a little there. Enjoy every sunrise and sunset. Breathe in, breathe out. 

Life is Beautiful and so are you.

Lahve always, 
Madison

2 comments:

Brynnie said...

I love the part when you said -You question whether you want to fit in or stand out.- I love that so much. Do you care if I quote you in my dead journal??

Brynnie said...

Oh and ya know the part when you said to go on a walk and see the little kids and stuff? Well, one time I was sitting on the bench and a young couple and their baby boy were getting their pictures taken and I think about that little boy so much and I wish I knew his name cuz I wanna see what he's like when he's older and all grown up and stuff. That's kinda random, right? But I thought I'd just add that:)