Friday, November 5, 2010

We Must Be Related

Today I was talking with my friends Dani and Brynn. I told them I was sick of myself for saying/doing the most stupid things ever. Then Dani told me something that made me think a bit. She said,
"Well you better get used to it because you are going to have to live with yourself for forever!"
So true, right? My first thought was shoota-parooda! But after a while I decided it would be best to just accept the fact and move on. 
So I did.


This evening, my mom had regional volleyball tournament (church ball). It was kinda strange because my mom ended up playing against her sister, Calli's stake! It was weird to see how related my mom and her sister are! Curly black hair that is turing gray (hehe;), their facial expressions, their voices/ laugh, etc. I guess that's what happens when you are related! (Really, Maddiey? Are you fer realz?) Yes, yes, I am FER REALZ!



I also realized that I am related to my mom. (What?!) Well, I did know that we were related, but I realized how much we are related. My mom and I play volleyball very similar. We yell the same things the same way, we go for the ball in similar ways. I wouldn't have noticed this if it weren't for McKayla. She would laugh and turn to me and point out the things she did that were like the things that I do. It's pretty crasy!

You, with your words like knives
And swords and weapons that you use against me
You have knocked me off my feet again
Got me feeling like a nothing
You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard
Calling me out when I’m wounded
You picking on the weaker man
(excerpt from Mean by Taylor Swift)

Today was just one of those days where you feel like everybody is out to get you. They are just so mean. I found this song by one of my all-time favorite singers, Taylor Swift-- the song fits perfectly to how I feel!

2 comments:

Dani said...

um guess what? I love you. that's all.

Madison said...

Haha thanks Dani! I love you too!