Sunday, November 21, 2010

Definitely Surprised

Yes, I was suprised. Very surprised.
I truly thought I was going to babysit this weekend. The night before my Sweet Sixteen.
I thought wrong.
Here's the story...


It was Friday and I was told by ma mère that I was babysitting the Curry boys while the parents went out to dinner. My mom said that I shouldn't eat because Carson and Camden wanted to me to eat dinner with them. (I bragged about that to all my friends because I wanted them to be jealous. I think it worked...) (Actually, I found out later that they were really confused, not jealous. :/ ) 


My mom told me that she had to go get her pay check from work so she probably wouldn't be home when I left for babysitting. We said our goodbyes and I didn't think anything of it. 


It's common for my parents to drive me to the Curry's house so when my dad drove me to their house, I thought nothing of it. On the way to their house I noticed some signs that said the words "Taylor/Walker Reception". I found it funny how I knew people with the last name of Taylor and Walker, but again, I thought nothing of it. 


We finally pulled up to the house and I got out of the car, knocked on the door and walked in. John, the dad of the home, welcomed me into their home and then Tasha, the mom of the house, came from the hallway to greet me. She told me that Camden was in trouble upstairs in his room and Carson was downstairs playing. It was a typical scene at the Curry home. No suspicions whatsoever. Although it seemed a little weird to me that Tasha appeared to not be feeling well enough to go out to dinner. I didn't  say anything...


So she asked me to go downstairs to get Carson and tell him to come upstairs and the set the table. I did. I walked downstairs, looked to my left over at the movie theatre- nope, no Carson there. Then I walked into the main room. To my surprise, there was no Carson. Instead, I was greeted by many balloons and all my good friends.


So here's the thing. I have always wanted a surprise party- ever since I was a youngin'. My parents laugh at me but I don't care! It's true! I would practice my surprise face every year, just incase for some reason I might have a surprise party. Well, when it came time to be surprised, I didn't use my face that I had been practicing for years. Instead, I looked UNsurprised. Whoops! 


(Post to be continued later... hopefully...)

1 comment:

Brynnie said...

Haha! I want to see your surprise party face that you didn't use! Ok? Ok! That party was So much fun!!