Friday, May 6, 2011

Time.


How is it that time travels so fast? I'm really a sophomore in high schoolAm I really already sixteen? What? I will really be a legal adult in two years? Is there really only two more summers left until I'm on my own?
It feels like just yesterday I was dancing with my baby doll in my living room. It feels like I was just flying kites at the beach with grandma and grandpa. Seems like just yesterday I was counting down the days until I could get my permit. Just yesterday I was a Beehive looking up to all the Laurels in my ward.
And now, all of that is come and gone. I have graduated from brushing my dolls' hair and moved up to brushes being "microphones." Flying kites has turned into occasional Sunday Phone calls. I am now the Laurel that all the Beehives look to.
Where did time go?

"Don't blink 
just like that
your six years old
and you take a nap, and you 
wake up and you're twenty five 
then your high school sweetheart becomes your wife

Don't blink 
Just might miss your babies grow
and like mine did
turning into moms and dads,
next thing you know
your better half of fifty years is there in bed
and you're praying God takes you instead 
trust me friend 
A hundred years goes faster than you think. 
So don't blink."
-Don't Blink, Kenney Chesney

2 comments:

Barry and Julie Hallsted Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brynnie said...

Oh! I'll never blink again... oup, I just did. But hey, in heaven we'll pretend to be any age we want to. and it will be summer all the time. and it'll even be better than it is in this life because nothing will be sad... and stuff from this life is sad sometimes. Am I right?