Monday, May 28, 2012

Don't mess with Mama!


Yesterday after a beautiful day at church, I walked home with my friends and chatted with my dear friend, Brynn. As I started back to my house, I could smell the BBQ aroma. So, instead of going through the front door, I headed towards the back yard. 

I wish I took a picture- my dad stood there observing the ash tree in our back yard. I greeted him and asked what he was doing. He went into great detail of how the tree had about 26 inches of new growth and how he was concerned that bugs might be eating away at our tree... he reminded me a lot of my grandpas. 

As he was discussing the ash tree with me, we noticed an obnoxious chirp coming from behind us. To our surprise we found Mama Bird, outside of her nest, chirping at us. She was annoyed that we were too close to her babies. She was trying to get us to back off- man that mama was vicious!

I slowly walked into my house, trying not to get too close to her babies. As soon as I got into the house, I looked out my window to see how Mama responded.  She had gone back to her nest.

Hey, at least she cares about her babies. I have a feeling we won't be on very good terms this summer...

Speaking of Summer...  IT'S HERE!!!!

No comments: