Wednesday, September 28, 2011

it tastes like soap but it doesn't really taste like soap.





And then I lower my whole mouth in and take a gulp.

I am overly excited for fall this year.

I am excited for
the cardigans 
and the scarfs 
and the boots.

I am excited for
long walks through the park
and the color changing mountains
and a little bit of cold air.

I am excited for
a change in season
and a change in scenery.

My favorite movie reminds me of fall. It almost seems appropriate to watch it in the fall and no other season but fall. Of course I will watch it in other seasons, but my favorite way to enjoy fall is to cuddle up every once in a while and watch this movie. I'll give you quotes from this movie (hopefully something I haven't already quoted) and I want you to guess what it is (feel free to leave your guess in a comment): p.s. Dani, wait till others have guessed first. You already know what movie I'm talking about.

"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the [heck] they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino." 


"A HOTDOG is singing. You need quiet while a hotdog is singing? "


"You are a lone reed, standing tall, waving boldly in the corrupt sands of commerce."

I'm a lone reed.
Avec Amour,
Maddiey 

2 comments:

Dani said...

teehee I know it!

Brynnie said...

Am I allowed to say?? :)