Saturday, April 30, 2011

I think it's okay to be proud of yourself every once in a while.

 I woke up this morning bummed to see the snow and the newspaper not on the counter (like it usually is every morning). I went outside to grab the newspaper and had to wipe off the snow that covered the top of the plastic bag. When I started reading in the typical reading schedule that I always do (glance over the front page, read what celeb's birthday it is, what happened this day in history, editorial page, and so forth) I had to stop at the editorial page. I yelled ma mere's name and ran to find her. I showed her the page. I made print. I submitted a letter to the newspaper and they published it!!

After a long, yet beautiful day, I searched my letter on deseretnews.com. I was proud to be archived with articles about Elder Richard G. Scott Jason Wright, and many others. I read the comments. The first comment upset me a little, but I decided "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words shall never hurt me." I will not let their ego get in the way of my pursuit of writing.

Write something.
Lahve always,
Maddiey

1 comment:

Brynnie said...

Well of course it's okay to be proud of your Self every once in a while! All the time actually! I'm proud of you a lot so if you're not, just know that I am!