Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What have I done?

Apparently it's a big deal. I have caused confusion within my own home- twice  in one day. Hey, what can I say? I am always full of surprises! So... what did I do? Oh well, let me tell you!

First...

1: I hate tuna fish. Yep, sure do. I have hated it for... eh... a long time. Last night as I was making my lunch (for today) I realized that the bowl of tuna fish was calling my name. It irked me because I don't even like tuna fish! What was I thinking? Despite the nauseous feeling, I went right ahead and made myself a mean tuna sandwich.

Today at lunch...
I ate a tuna fish sandwich.

I like tuna fish.

2: I hate eggs. Uh huh, sure do. I have hated them since two girls camps ago when I had to cook eggs for breakfast... euhhh... too... many... eggs... euwhhh... ANYWHO, my Mum rang the dinner bell and I ran up the stairs to find- can you guess- EGGS. Oh joy. I mumbled some naughty words under my breath (Dangflabbit, I hate eggs! Grrr grrr grrrrrr! etc.) and jammed those buggers down my throat as fast as I could.  I didn't dare say a word out loud for I feared my mum would be displeased with my ungrateful attitude for the meal she prepared.

I still hate eggs.

Conversation at the closing of dinner time at the Beardall Residence:

Mum: Reagan, you have to have a non-peanut butter sandwich at least once this week.
Reagan (Reags): I did! I had a tuna fish sandwich today!
Mum: You did? Really?
Reags: Yeah, even ask dad! He saw me make my lunch yesterday!
Me: Yeah, she did. I saw her make it. I even made one, too.
Mum: What? Where did Madison go?
Me: Yep. I ate the whole thing.
Dad: WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MADISON?!?!
Mum: Wow... she even ate her eggs, too! Wow....

My family was truly amazed.

And in that moment, I too was extremely happy with the teenage girl I have become.

'Nuff said.


No comments: