Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kindred Spirits



Today is Saturday. I had a church ball game at 8am, in which I became extremely competitive and a ball hog. We lost and I was upset with myself because I didn't share the ball more with the rest of my team mates. I had so much anger/energy that I decided to run it off. I ran 4 miles.

Our family took our Valentine's day pictures for my mum's calendar. This is how it went:

I showered and did my hair and make up. I went upstairs to find my Mum, my Dad, Kenedi, Reagan, and McKayla all spelling Valentine-y words. Frustrated, my Mum scattered the letters and sighed, "Anybody have any ideas of how we could take our Valentine's day pictures?"

My reply (which happened to be the one and only reply): "We could set up a studio downstairs."

And that's exactly what we did. Nobody argued otherwise.

Now I am in charge of editing the photos so you can't see the creases in the bed sheets. Maybe one day I will get around to posting them here as well as the preference dinner set up pictures I promised.

Like I said, today is Saturday. Saturdays are my "sit and stare at the computer screen lazily" days. Today I did just that. I looked through all my old photos to see which ones I could do some editing to (just for funsies). While I was scrolling through all my pictures I came across this one (see above). This picture brought back so many memories of Last Summer (referring to the beautiful summer of 2010). 

I am extremely fortunate to live where I do. My ward is the bestest ward ever! No lie. I could not ask for a better ward: I have oodles of youth that are my age. We are incredibly close. Boys and girls.

These four (pictured above) are kindred spirits. When I read in past journals about Last Summer and all the other summers we shared, a flood of emotions comes over me. Some of those memories make me laugh and others make me cry. My Gorgeous Kumquats (as we call ourselves) have shaped who I am today.

If you're reading this:  I love y'all soooooooo much! You are beautiful and don't you forget it.

Oh, one more thing....

GO CATCH A CHICKEN.

1 comment:

McKayla said...

I can relate to your Saturdays when you sit and stare at the computer, except I don't just do it on Saturdays.
This was a good post btw!